Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome everyone to the FloydSpirit.com forum, official website of The Spirit of Pink Floyd Show. This new show brings together former members of Off The Wall to create the most exciting and innovative Pink Floyd show in the world.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New 2009 Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reasonlapse

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: The New 2009 Show   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 am

Am i the only one thinking, where the hell did these guys come from? I mean, i've dug round on the net, i can see that most of the band were in otw, but this show is so good. I saw them in york expecting to enjoy it, but its turned into obsession .... Mad cant stop thinking floyd! note perfect. how do you do that?
Back to top Go down
kev

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: what did you think of the band   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:04 pm

saw the band in Grimsby, amazing, exceeded expectations. been a floyd fan for 30 years and they realy nailed it. Will see them again in skeggy later in the year.
Back to top Go down
GillyT

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 2009 Show   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:37 am

Yes most of them are Off the Wall and the keyboardist is from Think Floyd previously one of my favourite PF tributes but no idea where the guitarist is from he blew my socks off!!! This is the new band to watch and I have to say (at the risk of starting a torrent of threads from APF fans) that these guys are hot on the heels of the Aussie's with to my mind a show of equal authenticity to The Floyd but with added showmanship and sheer joyful abandon in their playing. Go see as soon as you can I challenge anyone to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Riggan

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 2009 Show   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

Being as the Aussies have now abandoned the area i live in, I have been considering going to KL corn ex
in April to see TSOPF. Being in a Floyd tribute myself, i like to go and compare and see whats out there.
However, from what i have seen and heard i am having my doubts.
Like many others i think sax solo's in tracks where they have no place is not good. Yes i know some will say they are putting their own spin on it, but i think thats where the word tribute is lost. Comfy is a track written for that huge guitar solo to really take over the show, and to think that interupting it half way through with sax, and obviously thinking its better is worrying.
Also, having a singer up there just singing is not very authentic, and i'm sure that TSOPF would probably agree if they were honest, because they wanted to Audition the Guitarist and singer from my band, who does a very good job of the Gilmour role.
The light show looks very good, and obviously the money has gone in, in this area. Take this away, and i fear the authenticity wouldn't be there for me.
Having said that, just going on the clips i have seen, the show is much improved from the OTW days.
I can only assume that the bloke in the tank tops and sunglasses who played keys and vocals, is now safely back in Butlins where he belongs.
The corn ex at Kings Lynn is a very nice venue, and i love going there, but i'm not sure if i'll risk £20 of my hard earned to see them.
Back to top Go down

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: OTW   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi, I have seen OTW recently with their new line and the keyboard is still there but their show is great musically. The bass player is also a dead ringer for Syd Barrett. If you get the chance go see them again.
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 2009 Show   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:17 am

If you get the chance go see them again.

Accept US players
Cricket Betting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New 2009 Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 2009 Show   The New 2009 Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New 2009 Show
Page 1 of 1