Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome everyone to the FloydSpirit.com forum, official website of The Spirit of Pink Floyd Show. This new show brings together former members of Off The Wall to create the most exciting and innovative Pink Floyd show in the world.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gary C

Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3 Empty
PostSubject: Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3   Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:18 am

Awful guys, sorry.

The sound was so bad that it was what I would imagine an elderly person listening through a deaf aid would hear, I couldn't even understand what the frontman was saying when introducing the band.
Not hs fault, just the system. The backing singers were pointless, just 2 women moving their arms at the back.
The drums were harsh and intrusive throughout

Set choice - hmmm. No Dogs of war, Run like hell, Arnold Layne, Turning away or See Emily play

Light show? Please. The circular disc was obscured by the smoke machine and the lights simply dazzled the audience

Having said that - I would go again because the effort put in by the band, and the musicianship of Stella and the lead guitarist were outstanding, gave rise to a lot of potential. With a different venue or sound set up, and a slight tweak to presentation, could be a top show.
Back to top Go down
Terry H

Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3   Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:04 pm

I thought the show was great. The town hall has a bit of a rep for having terrible acoustics, but all things considered, I thought the sound man did a good job for what he had to deal with. Lets face it, I don't think the hall was designed for a rock concert. The vocal effects sounded very authentic.

Loved the guitar solo in Comfy and I really enjoyed your shortened version of Echoes with the girls doing vocals. Very nice indeed. I seem to remember the band playing Run Like Hell - very good too.

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves very much. I think by the cheers of the crowd, you can gather that. Can't wait til next time.
Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Town Hall 28/3
Page 1 of 1